Popular Post

Sunday, April 9, 2006

Baking Again

Well I cannot help myself. Every time I bake something from the Martha Stewart cookbook I got for christmas it comes out so well I have to share it with all of you. In fact I'm so pleased with my confections that I wish you could all have a sample.

First there were the Pignoli Cookies.

Then there were the Lemon Madeleines.

But I think I've hit the jackpot with the particular recipe, oatmeal raisin cookies. A simple cookie, downright trite one might say, but this recipe is so good. I don't care what Donald Trump or others say, Martha is a genius. When push comes to shove someone who brings joy to my life via food is far more impressive than someone who pollutes manhattan and other cities with gaudy sckyscrapers.

What different about this recipe from oatmeal raisin cookies I've made in the past? Well this recipe uses shredded coconut and 1/3 of grade B maple syrup. Martha says grade B is better because it has a deeper flavor than grade A. I trust her and the cookies are fabulous!

IMG_1960


Oh, also, I don't normally do this but this man was so exceptionally hot that I have to. Who is the man that played Tony Soprano's new driver on The Soprano's last night? He was so hot it hurt to look at him and I was raised catholic so I need to inflict more pain on myself by looking at more pictures of him. So, If anyone wouldn't mind sending them my way I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment