Popular Post

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

Well its the end of an era. Will & Grace, or as I like to call it Two Women and Their Eunuch Clowns, is over. Well maybe now gay people will reclaim their edge and go retreat to being a fringe group instead of everyone's favorite Thursday night freak show.

Now that this sickly sweet sugar coated neuter festival has been put to bed, so long as you don't channel surf over to Lifetime (now I'm really going to have to get the Golden Girls on DVD), I'm ready to welcome back the mythical days I've heard about from Joe My God and The Farmboyz. The days where being gay was about being yourself with no regrets and not playing into ambiguous hetero-normative roles for the enjoyment and approval of "The Heartland."

Fuck the heartland. I'm fucking tired of playing to the middle, playing it safe and the portrayals in mainstream media that go along with that. If you don't like us or how we live our lives then you don't have to talk to us, you don't have to watch our television, you don't have to buy our clothes, you don't have to buy our shoes, we'll stop designing your homes, you don't have to have us plan your weddings, mitzvahs, sweet sixteens, and all the other fabulous bullshit in your life that makes you feel special. You want us to amuse you? Then you get everything that comes with it.

My whole life I've been subject to the images of man and woman doing all the things that they do normally in life on television and in film. They kiss, hold hands, date, marry, divorce, fuck and its all okay because as long as the story ends with a penis going into a vagina it's a go! To think that that a whole generation of young queers had to grow up with this muppet show as some kind of example of what it is to be gay is sickening. So I hope everyone got a good laugh out of the Eunuchs cause I think its time we changed channels and returned to our regularly scheduled selves replete with snark, sexuality, sensuality, obscenity, fabulousness, excess, self loving, self loathing, self denial, pain, joy, life, death, living with no regret or veils as to who we are, and most of all refusing to play into YOUR version of OUR lives.

So I raise my virtual blogging glass of champagne and say goodye to this craptastic series and...Sean Hayes, you suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment