Popular Post

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trite But True

Sometimes you go to a place and you leave a piece of your heart there. This happens because of the inherent beauty of place, the streets, the sounds, the smells, the sights, and even the id that results from all of those aspects. If you're fortunate enough you can share this experience with others that are visiting and it can serve as a context for the forging of friendships. If you're even more fortunate you're able to meet people that live in that place and forge friendships with them as well.

I had been to San Francisco many times before last week but never really dove into the city like I did this time. Nor have I experienced the pangs of withdrawal after having left the city and returning home. Thats when you know you're in love, when it hurts to say goodbye.

My experience this time went beyond the notion of Pride and beyond the simplistic idea of a vacation. It was an adventure that I will remember forever and I will never forget my phenomenal week I had with the city itself, others who traveled from around the nation to be there, and especially those who lived there and welcomed their guests like old friends although they were meeting many of them for the first time.

No matter how trite it may sound, its all too true to say, I left my heart in San Francisco.

To read an amazing tribute to the week head over to JD's blog post here.

Atari, Daryl, Rey, Michael, Kel, Darin, Darin, Kalvin, JD, Chad, Jake, Nick, Jeff, JetBoy, Donnan, and Dan and anybody else that I met if I left you out thank you for an amazing time.

A picture podcast or a photo movie will be posted soon so y'all can see the photos without having to scroll down to the thenth level of hell. I have 488 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment