Popular Post

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best of the Best Day 2

Day 2 of this festive weekend was good despite the Jamaican artist issue. I feel certain artist could have gone on at a different time, but who am I to say whose hot or not? I reached the park during Taurus Riley’s set and I have to give it to him again Taurus is an amazing artist. He had the best show for Day 2. His lively energy and interaction with the crowd is what makes his shows amazing. His band is amazing and the way they interact with each other can make a none Taurus Riley fan become a fan, just by hearing them live. The best part of the show was his tribute to Buju Banton. Even though I seen it at the Buju concert, it felt bran new just because of his passion while singing his song. Taurus Riley in Jamaican terms "Ah di Boss" and will always have a fan.


Sanchez still got it for an elder. Singing hit after hit Sanchez brought back some good memories from my child hood days. His set was nothing spectacular; it was just great to see him looking fresh as hell. He also still sounds exactly the same, which is always a good thing. But once my A.D.D kicked in I could not keep still too watch his entire show.


Alison Hinds is still a Bomb Shell Diva. I been following her since 1995 and I swear after 17 years she still looks amazing. In her gold blinging dress she gave the crowd a few whines and showed why she is the true Soca Queen. She let it be known that this was her 1st Best of the Best appearance and asked if she could come back. The reaction from the crowd let it be known that the answer was YES! Soca is always needed at a Caribbean concert as big as Best of the Best, so I do pray they bring her back. When it comes to Alison she always does something to keep you rocking to the Soca beat.

The next sets seem to have been put on fast forward mode, so I won't lie I missed a lot.

With DJ Khaled you already know how his set goes. He didn't have too many friends this year. But he manages to still have a bunch of dudes on stage that leaves you to wonder what the hell they do. Khaled didn't seem overly hype which is not normal. It could have been the fact that his set was put on fast forward mode or half his friends did not come this year! Who knows, but his set was the same? He had Ace Hood, Billy Blue, Ball Greezy, Rich kid and of course Busta Rhymes who I must say has a nasty attitude. I never new his head was so big, ESPECIALLY to his own peeps. Wait he did have one surprise and that was Ludacris, which was odd since he was suppose to be on Day 1. I guess since Day 1 got cut off on time Luda and the contest winners performed during khaled’s segment. I was bored this year; there was no excitement at all.


I-Octane impressed me for sure. He came on stage and song hit after hit. He shocked me on how many hot singles he has. Other then Taurus and Alison, I-Octane had the show on lock. He had the crowd bubbling from the time he hit the stage till the time he got off. Due to fast forward mode he dashed threw each song, which was upsetting because he should have been right before Shabba Ranks.


V-Y-B-Z Kartel man...it’s such a shame that this man can not travel. I swear if he was able too I really think all the foolishness he carrying on with would have not happened. Or maybe it would have been worse? Who knows but his segment pulled threw great. The man seem to be so overly excited, I swore his smile was going to be permanent. He kept letting the crowd know the time to prove it was live. The crowd was excited, but after a while it seems to have gotten dull. Maybe shocked that the man really did all those things to himself or shocked that he really was live via satellite. To me I just felt like I was watching a Youtube video! However I was impressed how everything went smooth and there were no glitches. If this was pre-recorded I am impressed because I could not tell; but I am sure it was not?

Etana, Demarco, Assassin, Stephan and Chino Mcgregor, Danielle D.I. and Stephan & Damian Marley Shows all went flying by as well! Trina did not show, I guess she was mad she didn't get hired for day 1? So it was safe to say they rushed so Kartel can get his time and Shabba Ranks can get his time.


To close out Day 2 Dutty Stinking Shabba worked his magic. But if you seen him before, it’s nothing new. What amazes me is how much energy this man still has. Shabba was on the stage whining, dropping, doing tricks with his microphone and stripping to show off his almost there six pack. Did I say whining? Yeah the man can whine his ass off. I mean hands down to Shabba, he has all right to think he is the shit. He was giving the crowd his all during his set. Maybe he was letting it be known that these youngsters better give him respect? Now don't get me wrong yeah he was great, but he got dull during some of his songs. But as always his girl tunes brings everyone back to life. Bring up Maxi Priest to rock the stage doing their classic hit "House Call" gave him a big plus. Maxi Priest still looks and sounds the same after all these years. I wish he did a few more songs since he does have major classics. Maybe next year now that he made it be know he still exists. Also helping Shabba out on stage was Miami's own Selena, singing tracks like "Mr. Loverman" and "Twice my Age." Just before she was going to leave the stage Shabba literally said "Don't move that Pu**y off the stage!" Poor Selena looked shocked as hell. He tried to clean it up but saying "Don't move that Punany," like that was any better? After that shocking moment Selena manages to give him a whine after he nearly tried to damage her during “Mr. Loverman.” Man what a performance!!! Once again hands down to Shabba and all his energy.

After dropping his Mic twice, Shabba dropped his mic for the third time and walked off the stage, which indicated his segment was done for sure. After they claimed there were more performances and introduced the original "Bruck Up" everyone started to walk out.

The show was a hand full and kept people entertained. There where a few down moments, but the Artist performances made you over look them. I am sure as time goes by it will only get better. One thing about Best of the Best is that no matter what is said; they prove the show must go on. They seem to always manage to pull some of the best out of their hat. Let's just hope and pray there continues to be a crowd pleasing artist that can travel. 2012 is going to be another mystery show that’s going to leave you on your toes. So until then see you next year at Best of the Best 2012 Memorial Day Weekend here in Miami!

View Photos from Event here

No comments:

Post a Comment