Popular Post

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wale Mini Review from NOCTURNAL Miami 5/27/11

First off I would like to express that I am a Wale fan, so if this comes off extra harsh just know my damn feelings was hurt! I rep Wale for two reasons, 1st he from D.C. and its rare that artist such as Wale make it out of D.C. They normally are local and that's it but he did it. 2nd his Music I love it! His flows, his words everything about him paints a perfect picture of an artist! Well not at Nocturnal!!!!

I would say the show was hot, but you can't really call 4 1/2 songs a show. So let's call this a baby review of Wale live at Nocturnal; which was JUST ok!!! I arrived around 12-ish and the line to get in was crazy. I just said thank Jesus I didn't have to wait in that line. The promoter Tristian who I was dealing with looked out and kept his word 100%, which is great! There was a decent crowd inside, but not that packed. Walshy Killa from Black Chiney was in the booth acting a damn fool on the mic. You know when a person loves what they do, because he was up in that DJ booth having a ball! After a few rounds of pictures and a drink, I was literally was suffocating by the amount of people that showed up. DJ Bre and his MC shelled it and played the right music to get the people jumping. I love to see when a DJ's can go from Hip-Hop to Pop and have the crowd jumping right threw! Dj Bre did the damn thing on the mixing; but the MC took it up 3 more notches. Soon after you had Rich Kid touch the mic with his hit "Get money." He had that crowd rocking to the track, but nothing else after. Rick Kid we need more music!!! You had an Artist by the name if Rello, who's music, was off the hook! I got to get a sample and when I do if you love hip hop you gonna love Rello. Slim came and got stank on the mic, but did what he do best.

Before that for 2 hrs I kept hearing Wale 15 minutes away, till he finally appeared. When he did you would have never notice, because he is so short. I truly felt like an Amazon next to him, because of my heels. He looked humble and in chill mode when he first got there, but after a while it changed. Getting a picture was literally a nightmare, because from what I was told he did not want any. WHATTTT!!! What do these celebs expects? You had people pay VIP money just to get a pic or even a wud up. I understand they want to party, but understand we in a recession, so interacting with fans, especially in VIP would have been nice. I don’t know what the deal was, but it got real crazy, real quick to the point I was aggravated. Wale looked like he was not in the mood after a while or he did not want to be there. He seemed so unhappy about something or maybe that’s just him. Being a D.C. vet I know that’s how some D.C. dudes come off, but are cool ass dudes. On some real shit though he just looked pissed. At first I thought it had something to do with Club owners or promoters, but after seeing him at Spring Fest I noticed he had the same vibe. So I am going to assume something was wrong. If he gets aggravated by people wanting a picture, autograph or even an interview he needs to retire. Thankfully he was NOT rude to me and the pictures I got where aight, I just felt bad for those who looked extra hurt. I mean there was a white dude that had a sharpie for Wale to sign his hate and the way he was treated was messed up. I just pray Wale is happy with his Maybech deal and his new surroundings. He still does not mesh to me since he comes off so humble and real, but we will see where the Maybach Label goes from here. Not saying Rick Ross ain't humble, but he ain't the cool ass dude I knew when his first single was still underground. But I guess that's how it goes when you reach to a certain level.

Anyway the show was a great success and even though it was a baby preview, Wale still showed up and did his thing. I pray the next time I see Wale, I get hired to be on his team and hope he feels better to socialize. DMV I rep all day, so till next time be sure you cope that new album “Self Made Volume I,” and rep my boy Wale!


View Photo's from Event here

No comments:

Post a Comment