Popular Post

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 1 of Best of the Best "Spring Fest"

First off I won't tell you how I missed half of the show because I was being naive about the show starting on time. I got caught up in the "Oh their going to be running late," thought. Well in this case I was the one who was running late. I missed Marsha Ambrosius, Jeremiah, Miguel, and Travis Porter. No one can explain how pissed I was because it was 6:30 p.m. and all of them went on already. There were no local acts from what I was told. Which was odd to me since that's what they where advertising. Now I have learned to never listen to what commercial’s and to be on time because I missed a lot.

As I was strolling into the park I hear Miguel on stage performing "All I want is you," then "Sure Thing." I was real impressed by what I was hearing, because Miguel sounds exactly the same as his record. Now I got a chance to rub elbows with Miguel and boy he looks better in person and with hair. He comes of so smooth and sensitive that I felt he was going to get injured by the media. Even though "some" of the media were acting like stalking paparazzi and hound dogs, Miguel managed to make it through to talk to everyone. He is such a sweet heart; he makes me want to dress him up and play house.


Lloyd from what I seen before was 100% better during this performance. He was interacting with the crowd, dancing and just look happy to be on the stage. During his show Ace Hood hoped on and did his new hit "Hustle Hard!" He's another one who looked hella happy on stage; I mean with “Hustle Hard” being his best single, he really should be happy. I was really Loving Lloyd hair cut, because he actually looks like a man and not a boy now. His singing was awesome, he sounds the same high pitch and all. He was the most humble of them all! Not only did he take the time to talk with everyone, he actually didn’t let his people bully him to rush through. One thing I hated was his hat!! He kept it in his face most of the time in the media tent like he was shy or something. Looking at that gorgeous body made you care less about his hat issues after a while.


Ms. Keri Hilson, Sigh....okay so I felt like I was at her performance two years ago in Cafe iguana Pines. The only thing that changed was her appearance; Keri Hilson is a very beautiful girl. However instead of hating on Beyonce, she needs a lesson or two for her to better her performance. She dances 100% better, but she sound real tired while singing "The way you Are" which was her 3rd song. All in all Keri was good, but I expected way more. I did not like her sailor hate and baggy jeans look. Since this is Miami I thought she would get sexy and fly, Well I thought wrong. She was cute, but that costume shit was not cute at all. Keri did not come to the media tent of course, which was no surprise.


Chris Brown, WOW what a true performer. The boy confused if you ask me, because he bleached his hair back to blond. The reaction when he hit the stage to "Transform You" was sick! I thought people where going to pass out. For a tall dude he really got some moves on him. For the first two songs, he showed and proved that he is a dancer. I still think he’s a little too tall, but it fits him well. The singing I won't lie was a little off and cracky. He didn't sound tired, he just sound like his butt was partying hard the night before. My favorite part of course was the lap dance he gave to one of his fans. He asked who wanted to join him, forgetting I was on media mode I sure did raise my hand. But of course some girl on stage already got the pleasure of the best lap dance a man can give a woman. Chris looked serious and had sex written all over his face. Did I mention the humping of the floor???? Yes Chris had me feeling like a real cougar! Sigh....he was great!!! He was another who did not come to the press tent, which was okay because I would have acted real unprofessional after that performance. Plus we did not want no out burst from stupid questions that may have come his way.


"Yup" is all you hear, then out the shadow Trey Songz appears on stage singing "Invented Sex." Of course the crowd went CRAZY for this new sex icon! During his performance at first there was nothing special about it, because all he was doing was hopping back and forth singing to crowd. He sang the hell out of his songs, I give him that much. He also was feeling on his stuff to get the girls crazy, but really that gets boring after a while. Then of course it was only right for his brother from another mother Drake to bless the stage. Which after their performance Drake gave him props by saying, "He's one of the best to ever do it??" I don't know about that since he sounds exactly like R.Kelly, but that's his boy so I guess that's why he felt that way. After 15 minutes I realized he was still on stage, which was way too much! Trey had no dancers or no type of other entertainment so it felt like it was bed time. He did great, but it was way too long, for me anyway. I have officially become a Trey Songz fan, not like the screamers in the crowd, but a fan of his music.


To close the show it was only right they do it with Miami's Boss Rick Ross & Friends. Yes Ross reminds me of Biggie, but he has build a style and umpire that we just can't deny! After hitting the stage he brought on three of his hottest artist off Maybech Label, Gun Play, Wale and Meek Mills. Gun Play gets crowd up with “Rolling.” Wale who by the way looks so unhappy does his "No hands" verse and Meek Mills puts it down with "I'm a Boss" and "2pac Back." Even though they did well, they seem to look unhappy. Is their tension in Maybach land or was it because their time was almost up? Who knows all I know is they looked like an unhappy camp or maybe I am confusing Cocky with Unhappy? I know the boss was really mad when they cut his time short. The park was not playing at all 12 a.m. they locked it down. I am glad I got a little piece, since I am a new found Maybach Fan.

Even though I missed some awesome artist, the show was great from what I did get to see. I did not like the set up, but with the new apartments viewing the park, it’s only right they set it up the way they did. Everything ran smooth and there were no real major issues that I had to be upset about. I give the team props for getting most of the artist to the Media tent. They just need to have some more structure so that the artist would not get hound like they did. "Spring Fest" 2011 gets an A from me! I can't wait to see whats in store for next year.

View Photos from Event here

No comments:

Post a Comment