Popular Post

Friday, January 28, 2011

Who is this new Soulful singer Mara Hruby? Check her out!

I was browsing the internet and came across this Twenty-two year old Mara Hruby from Oakland, CA. who arrived on the scene IN 2010. From Mara Hruby latest EP "From Her Eyes" she remakes Mos Defs “The Panties” and really does a great job. Being a Mos def fan I have to really give her props for keeping it sexy and mello. Mara Mruby gives her reason on why she choice this track

“The Panties” is on Mos Def’s album “The New Danger” and it was written by the man himself. To me, he is one of the few rappers that can release full songs where they sing and I enjoy it without blinking twice, in fact, I close my eyes. Mos Def has a powerful sound to him that is distinctly unique. What I aimed to do with this cover, is communicate, through song, the way that I take in his original. This is the last song on my cover album and it completes the story I’m telling, song by song, of music by men “From Her Eyes”.

Kudos to you Mara Hruby you did a great job.


To hear more from Mara Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment