Popular Post

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

JAZZ IN THE GARDEN 2011 DAY 2 {Video, Review}

Day 2 is a little different when it comes to memorable moments. With En Vogue, Gladys Knight and The Isley Brothers, I don't know how anyone can say this day was not amazing as well! When I got there, it was Musiq Soul Child time!

Musiq Musiq Musiq *sigh* as he strolls on the stage all I can say is Yes Musiq! Being a fan since his single “Just friends,” Musiq sure did fulfill my musical need of Love & Soul! During his segment Musiq showed people how much singing really means to him! I mean he was so much into each song I literally got goose bumps! Singing songs from his past albums and up coming album due out in May 2011, Musiq sure did handle that stage like a pro. During the press tent he was so cool and laid back that he actually stopped to take photos, even though he was being rushed back to his dressing room! Musiq truly has soul and it shows through his live performances even better.



VIEW PART 2


En Vogue was the ish back then and they showed they still can be today! They are the group for those who want to start a girl group and test there skills! They looked and sound so amazing it's so sad that ego made them fall apart. I am just glad to see all four original members get up on that stage and put it down as a group. The chemistry was amazing and you actually felt the love they had as they performed each song. Trust me if they still have any issues or problems, it sure did not show up on that stage. They did a few classics off of their albums, but before that they got the crowd pumping from music they say inspired them. Song after song I just could not believe how they kept it going; it made me want to do a few laps around the stadium to get their energy. During the media segment: One thing that stood out was the fact that they are all family oriented now. They mentioned that they only do shows on the weekends and for short periods. They no longer do the long tours because of their families.


View Part 2 Part 3


Gladys Knight was AMAZING! True singers never loose their touch and she is living evidence of that. Busy in Media tent I missed her intro, but from what I did catch Gladys looks amazing and still sounds amazing. The standing ovation at the end of her segment showed how much love she has from all her true fans. Even if you where not a fan after seeing someone who has done it for so long, all you can do is give her a standing ovation. The funniest part was when she mentioned info about her new album and says, “You can go on, what are those things again, um FB, Twitter, my website etc etc. to find out more info!” After that statement you really know she has been here for a long time and enjoying every moment of it.


Closing Day 2 with
Ronald and Ernie Isley, better known as the Isley Brothers had you feeling EXTRA sexual. Now they both look good, but Ronald looked so clean and handsome in his all white tux. The man so fresh he had everyone in the band wearing white. Ernie on the other hand still showed that bad boy look and put on his all black, looking laid back. From the time they hit the stage the crowd was on their feet getting down. With the passion & sex appeal this band has, Ronald should have written a book. Yes a man that can be my grandfather has more sex appeal then most men now a day, so like I said he needs to write a book. After hearing my favorite song “Don't say goodnight" I left so I could not stay to see them close the show. To me it was kind of sad, because you can see that Ronald is getting old. Half of the show he kept sitting down. It looks like he could not stand too long, so since I love me some Ronald I had to leave; it was depressing to me.



View PART 2 PART 3

All in all the City of Miami Gardens has done it again. Jazz in the Garden 2011 was truly an amazing show. I can not lie this was my second year and I have nothing bad to say at all. Even with the few changes that were made, the show was still amazing. With the mixture of Jazz, Soul, R&B, Hip-Hop and Reggae Jazz in the Gardens sure did spread their wings this year. They included a little more, but still kept the true meaning of Jazz in the Garden. This year’s show brought out young, mature and knowledgeable people that appreciate good music. All that was expected happened and that was the waiting between the band set up. However, you did not notice because of the music they had playing; it sure did have the crowd rocking in their seats. The only moment to me that did nothing for the show, was DJ Irie and Mike Baisden. I love Mike, but the truth is the truth neither he nor DJ Irie do anything to entice the show. The people where satisfied with the good music playing and seeing their favorite artist hit the stage.They left me eager and I can not wait to see who they will bring in 2012, because I know it’s only going to get better. So don’t let next year miss you if it missed you this year's show!

No comments:

Post a Comment