Popular Post

Monday, January 2, 2006

1986

I remember the year and exactly where I was when it first occurred to me that time only moved in one direction. It was the fall 1986, I was six years old, I was in the car with my mom on Staten Island in front of a house we called the Tomb of The Pharoh due to its unusual ancient egyptian style. I asked my mom, "When will it be 1986 again?" For some reason I thought that time was cyclical. I don't know why. My mom seemed confused and asked me why I had asked that question. I replied to her, "I like 1986, its been fun. I want to know when I can do it again." She smiled and told me that it wouldn't ever be 1986 again but there would be more fun times ahead. It was then that I learned that time only moved in one direction. I was partly devastated.



I have to admit I felt something similar tonight when I saw Kelly LeBrock on the season premiere of Celebrity Fit Club 3. Here was the woman who was concocted as the perfect woman by the horny protagonists Gary and Wyatt in one of my favorite childhood movies, Weird Science. They meticulously ironed out every detail of her body on Wyatt's computer whilst donning bras on their heads and she appeared to them in a cloud of pink mist in nothing but a pair of blue boy briefs and a cut-off tee. It was the only time I think I'd ever been aroused by a female in a movie. However the contemporary Kelly LeBrock is old, twice the size of the one I knew from childhood and it isn't because she's lost her sex appeal that I'm no longer aroused by her.

Truth be told Kelly doesn't look bad. She has a little extra weight but she's not out of control by any means. Its just weird to see how much she has changed. I don't think I've fully reflected that its been twenty years since I first saw her as that perfect woman. She's since gone through many changes and so have I.

JJD on Gay Empire put it best: "It's not that I hadn't yet experienced time. But I'd experienced it unreflectively, and changes came as sudden jolts in my existence."

Sigh, when will it be 1986 again?

No comments:

Post a Comment