Popular Post

Thursday, January 26, 2006

By the way...I'm a Virgo.

Call it something neurotic if you will but I have a certain way of working. Sometimes that way of working clashes with the way others in my lab work especially those that I work closely with. So I'm going to compare and contrast the way I work with the way others work in my lab.

-Adam likes to plan his work in advance by using a piece of technology called a calendar.
-Others like to do their work in no particular temporal progression.

-Adam likes to make sure he has all of the necessary materials before he starts something.
-Others like to throw conniption fits when they find that they are missing a key component after passing the rubicon.

-Adam likes to think about the execution of his experiments before he attempts them.
-Others like to make up the strategy as they go along which usually results in something being spilled.

-Adam likes to complete one task before starting another.
-Others like to stop something midway and commence something totally unrelated in an attempt to "save time."

-Adam has a positive outlook on new endeavors and embraces when things go wrong and learns from them.
-Others like to be pessimistic from the start and get discouraged and depressed when things don't go according to plan.

-Adam likes to stick to the original plan that he made so as to avoid error and confusion.
-Others like to change aspects of their experiment as they go along and end up with confounding results that are inexplicable.

Sometimes my patience on these issues wears very thin and my cordial jocular nature is pushed to extreme limits. There are times when I wish I could just do everything on my own. Did I mention that I'm a Virgo?

No comments:

Post a Comment