Popular Post

Monday, February 13, 2006

Baking

Many of you know that I got Matha Stewart's Baking Handbook this past Christmas. I had made pignoli cookies a few days after getting the book and have not made anything since. Well this weekend I returned to my baking newly armed with my first piece of silicone bakeware, a mold for Madelines.

Martha has a lovely recipe for these shell-shaped cakes that uses a whole lot of butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon extract, and the uber-expensive almond flour. A little shout out to Martha on this recipe: It might be wise my dear to have your recipes consist of items that average people can afford to buy. It democratizes your brand.

Since I omitted the almond flour from this recipe I renamed these little cakes Bradelines in honor of Brad. They are splendid and the silicone bakeware preformed satisfactorily.

IMG_1628

IMG_1629

No comments:

Post a Comment