Popular Post

Sunday, February 5, 2006

Late Sunday Night Blabber

Saturday was mostly spent puttering about the house. I am totally convinced that the previous owners of this house never cleaned it. After scraping paint off some of the windows I proceeded to attack the dirt that lay caked on them. To know me is to know that I love to clean so I was in heaven.

Before I started my task of de-scumming the windows I started a loaf of bread that I was to bring to a housewarming party later that evening. I was dreading attending the party but I forced myself to go as part of my effort to be more social. It turned out to be a wise choice. I had fun.

The highlight of the evening was when everyone at the fete got to sample a bottle of Dom Perignon. Now it is my understanding that this is supposed to be one of the best champagnes so when I when I tasted it I expected to be blown away. My palette was going to be spoiled and I would no longer be able to savor the five dollar bottles of Cava that I have come to love. I raised my plastic cup to my lips sipped and tasted. I turned to a colleague that was standing next to me and said, "That was disappointing." She added, "Well I wouldn't say that its worth any more than the twenty dollar bottles of champagne, but no more than twenty for sure." I nodded my head in a agreement and slammed the rest of the liquid quickly down my throat. Maybe my palette isn't sophisticated enough or maybe it was the plastic cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment