Popular Post

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Singer/Song Writer Mrs. "Fire and Desire" Teena Marie dies at 54



Its so sad to hear that his twitter rumor ended up to be true. Mrs. Teena Marie was found dead by her daughter late Sunday in her California home according to her manager. Cause of death is still unknown, but another talented artist will be laid to rest!

Since as fare as I can remember I have always loved this black voice trapped in a white woman's body. Seeing her for the first time in my 29 years at Jazz in the Gardens 2010 here in Miami was the best ever. When I say Teena rocked it, she really rocked it. Working that stage and her guitar with that soulful voice. She gave me goose bumps every time she hit a note. I mean it felt like her record was playing, that's how good she sound. All I can say is, that was one white lady with a real soulful voice and real talent. May she rest in peace along with her main man Mr. Rick James!!

Here are some tracks for you non-real music lovers
This is one of my favorites "Oh La La La"! This track The fugees sampled off for their high selling hit "Oh La La La"....




Teena Marie and Rick James- Fire and Desire ( Bet awards)

No comments:

Post a Comment