Popular Post

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

JILL SCOTT and EVE we missed that Philly Vibe!

Jill Scott is finally back, with a funky new single entitled "Shame" featuring Eve. We have been missing this Philly vibration for a while and I am glad both Jill and Eve did this female empowerment song to step back on the scene. Jill Scott goes back to her neighborhood to showcase here music and shoot a video from places she is familiar with. The video was shot in the Cecil B. Moore Recreation Center gym. This was a personal shoot for Jill because the rec center was reported to be closing and demolished. Being the kind hearted person that she is she decided to do the video there. Jill even reached into her pockets and revamped the center with a new roof, gym floors, and more!


Jill says, “When I found out it was closing, it just hurt my feelings because kids like me needed a place to go. We just started to really take care of this facility because we don’t want it to shut down. Every community needs a rec center. I put a lot of my love and my heart here.”


Jill Scott's forthcoming album "The Light of the Sun" is due out later this year, which leaves me with high expectations sine she has been gone for a while. Looking glamorous and stunting her stuff like a true diva Jill sure looks ready to step back into the scene. Next is Eve, which is also looking good. The game misses both of these Philly’s leading ladies. I just pray the people are missing them too!




Source: CNN.COM Album: The Light of the Sun Label: Warner Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment